Friday, September 20, 2013

BOOK REVIEW


Winter in June (Rosie Winter, #3)Winter in June by Kathryn Miller Haines
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I found this to be a very easy book to read. I think that means Kathryn Miller Haines is a good writer. It is a great depiction of the 40's era. I especially enjoyed the way she handled the slang of that era. I'm a sucker for any story built into a WWII setting anyway. The lead character, Rosie Winter, is full of spunk, and I found that to be very satisfying. Murder, mystery, and intrigue start with the first sentence, is framed
in the first chapter, and carried to the end of the story. The interaction between all the characters made them all seem very well developed. And the murder mystery plot (plots) pulled me through the story to the end. I will be reading all the Miss Winter mystery books. I highly recommend this book.

View all my reviews


You can visit Kathryn Miller Haines blog at:
www.KathrynMillerHaines.com

No comments: