Thursday, April 24, 2014

Blast From The Past


        This is a poem my Dad use to recite to me from the time I was very young. I use to go around reciting it to friends all the time, even recently. I didn't know there was a hard copy of it. I nearly cried when this fell out of one of my Dad's books when I was cleaning out his office after he passed. Note that it was posted on the Station Hospital bulletin board, Victorville Army Air Base framed with the final words of Bombs Away. (Found at the bottom of the page)

          What a treat to discover what was on the flip side of this, my loved poem from childhood. Thank you Dad for this cherished nugget from the past. Here it is:


          I see "The March Field Beacon, March Field, Calif." on this page. I googled it. Here is the link:       The March Field Beacon

          My Dad, H.D. Varnum was in the army. Makes me wonder how he came in possession of this little gem. Anyway, thought someone besides me might enjoy this.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOVE THIS! The things you find when you lose your teeth!