Thursday, July 10, 2014


The Shoulders of GiantsThe Shoulders of Giants by Jim Cliff
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I was surprised to find out this author is from Hertfordshire, England, since he wrote so authoritatively about Chicago, the setting of the story where “The Shoulders of Giants (A Jake Abraham Mystery)” took place. I am not surprise to find out that this is the first book in a series.
I really enjoyed the escapades of this gumshoe , Jake Abraham, as he sets out on the first case, for his first client, of his private investigating career. The perfect mixture of humor and suspense cooked up a fast paced mystery including missing person’s, murder, and romance. A very enjoyable/entertaining read. I will be looking for more of Jim Cliff’s work. I like his writing voice, and his writing skills are kind to the reader. I am anxiously waiting for the second in the “A Jake Abraham Mystery” Series. Get to work Mr. Cliff!

View all my reviews

No comments: