Saturday, January 3, 2015


The Signature of All Things: A NovelThe Signature of All Things: A Novel by Elizabeth Gilbert
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Elizabeth Gilbert doesn't need me to tell everyone how good "The Signature Of All Things", her latest novel, is. There is a reason it made the New York Times bestseller list. It's a great novel. I especially love how, in the beginning, she tells us the story is about Alma Whittaker, then tells how Alma's toddler years are not
"particularly interesting", but that Henry Whittaker's story prior to this present birth of his only child was a story worth telling while we wait for Alma to grow up. I just love that! Secondly, I love the not so distant past the story was set in, which came right up to the late 1800's when my grandparents were born. I love the nineteenth century modern english. Exquisite writing. A great read.

View all my reviews