Tuesday, August 27, 2013

BOOK REVIEW


How To Survive Ancient Spells and Crazy KingsHow To Survive Ancient Spells and Crazy Kings by Laura Pauling
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I think I want to adopt Bianca, with all her vim and vigor. Bianca, the main character, is a twelve year old girl who loves her grandfather, Zeb, and was convinced she had received a sign that he was in trouble after eating a piece of pumpkin pie, and so her sleuthing began. She wanted answers and nothing was going to stand in her way, so naturally she was elated to discover her parents had
decided to travel to Guatemala in Central America to get some answers of their own. Once they arrived in Guatemala, with her cousin Melvin in tow, she fearlessly fought the Mayans, the live and the dead ones, to bring her grandfather home. The magic spells, scary encounters, all paralleled to humorous school antics every kid seems to go through, delivered quality entertainment that any young reader would love. There is adventure beyond the imagination in Laura Paulings book "HOW TO SURVIVE ANCIENT SPELLS & CRAZY KINGS." Great read. I highly recommend this book.

View all my reviews

A funny thing happened, a coincidence, I love coincidences, little happenings that make you look twice then say "Oh. What a coincidence." And that funny thing was that I had just finished Laura Pauling's book (reviewed above), then I opened my email, and there was an article about Cenote's from National Geographic, which I subscribe to.  This is pretty cool (Laura) because you don't just entertain, you educate the young readers. 

This Grandma notices and appreciates your work.

No comments: